Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Eating in Season

Ever wonder what's in season? You always hear about cooking or eating what's in season. However I'm not sure I could walk into the produce section and tell you what is and what isn't. Maybe some things, but certainly not very many. The way they genetically engineer things these days, many things can look fine, but may not taste as good as they normally would in season.
One of my goals this year is to eat cleaner and though I may not afford to be able to buy organic all the time, but for the most part I'm going to try.
I've been researching what fruits and veggies are in season right now so I can share that info with you guys. Here are a few: winter squash, sweet potatoes, kale, leeks, root vegetables, papayas and blood oranges. Yum sounds good. I think I like all of them especially kale and sweet potatoes.

No comments: