Monday, January 12, 2009

Holistic Health

I have to say I have an extreme interest in holistic or natural approaches to health, weight loss, stress reduction, medicine etc. I don't think that conventional medicine or health care is bad at all. I think it's all quite amazing the diseases and symptoms we can alleviate and cure both through traditional and conventional practices. I am a strong advocate for knowing what you are getting into. For example if I was given a prescription from my Dr I want to know what the side effects are now and what they could potentially be doing to my body in the long run. If it is essential for my current health what can I be doing to improve the chances I won't have to take it very long? I hurt my foot last year and was told to take a whole lot of ib profin....I mean a whole lot. I'm thinking to myself that the pain isn't that excruciating I can live with it. Heck I have been for about a year. I have heard lots about the downside of taking ib profin in large quantities. Such as it's bad for your stomach lining and your kidneys. Now I do take it occasionally if I have a headache. Because it does the job when I can't really function.
I have an appointment at the podiatrist this Wed to see if they can figure out what the problem is and why it's not healed already. Then I have an appointment with an acupuncturist to see if I can naturally alleviate some pain, as well as a few other issues that it can be helpful with. I will write more later this week on that experience. I've never had acupuncture before....
I happened across a potentially helpful sight for holistic living this morning, and haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Once I do I'll post a link and possibly some others that may be helpful for you too.

No comments: